Saturday, September 22, 2012

Friends of Fabri-Quilt Gallery

Each week, we'll feature a quilt or sewing project made by one of our blog or Facebook followers. 


Today, Fabri-Quilt friend Jane Kenney shares her striking African animal quilt.


How did you come up with the design?
I just made the pattern up. There were 4 different animal panels so I started with them.  I also made up and pieced the block with the hut and the one with  the drum.

Tell us about the embroidery blocks.
I like to do a lot of machine embroidery, so I bought the companion fabrics [to the animal patterns] and chose some of my animal embroidery designs to augment the panel blocks.

What else can you tell us about the quilt?
As I made each block, I came up with another idea and went from there. It was so much fun to make—I just love making quilts. This one measures 86" x 75''

Tell us a bit about you.
I have been quilting for 7 years and have made about 140 quilts, including wall hangings.  I am 72 but think I am 55.


Take it from Jane. Quilting keeps you young at heart!
Thanks so much for sharing!

Can anyone name the fabric collection Jane used? We'll send a prize to the first person who correctly identifies it.





1 comment: